Last updated: November 19, 2018
- Collection of Data
- Purposes of Use
- Data Retention
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Collection of Data
You can use our website without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal information as a condition of using our site, except as may be necessary to provide you a product or service at your request. As part of the operation of this website or during the course of your activities on or use of this web site, data may be stored for various security purposes. This data may include the name of your internet service provider, the website that you used to link to our site, the websites that you visit from our site, the date and time of your use of the website, and your IP Address. This data could possibly lead to your identification, but we do not use it to do so. Personally-identifying information is only provided to others to provide you products or services you have requested, or for other purposes you have authorized such as inquiries or requests about services being ordered.
Purposes of Use
EmpowerE uses “cookies” in connection with the operation of its website. Cookies are small strings of information that are stored on the visitor’s local browser cache. Cookies are used for record-keeping purposes in EmpowerE’s website server when the visitor returns to the website. These allow EmpowerE to optimize the website and simplify its use for the visitor, such as to automate access and data-entry functions or to store online ordering information for purchases the visitor may make while visiting the site. Data collected via cookies will not be used to determine the personal identity of the website visitor, nor to track the navigational habits of the visitor.
Most browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser to reject them or to inform you when they are being set. However, if you elect not to accept cookies, some parts of the website may not function properly or permit access.
EmpowerE uses technical and organizational security precautions to protect your data from manipulation, loss, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons. Any personal data that is provided to EmpowerE by you will be encrypted in transit to prevent its possible misuse by third parties. While no security measure can guarantee against compromise, EmpowerE regularly reviews and updates its security measures based on new technological developments in an effort to provide appropriate security for all information held by EmpowerE.
We may retain your information only for as long as is necessary for us to render a service to you, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your Rights Under the GDPR. If you are a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, the GDPR grants you the following rights:
- Access to Your Personal Data. You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that is subject to processing by EmpowerE. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to you within one calendar month of when you make the request. In cases of excessive, unreasonable, or repeated requests we may charge you a reasonable fee and may require additional time to grant your request. Also, we may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests.
- To Have Your Data Corrected. If Your personal data is erroneous or outdated, You have the right to have it corrected. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com.
- To Be Forgotten. You have the right to be forgotten by EmpowerE. You may exercise this right by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request, at no charge to you, within one calendar month by deleting all of your personally-identifiable data that is subject to any EmpowerE processing. Naturally, after we grant your request you will not have access to any newsletters, or other products or services requiring storage of information, unless and until you consent to provide your personally-identifiable data for said purposes. We may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent the granting of fraudulent requests.
- To Restrict Processing of Your Data. You can request that your data not be processed via EmpowerE’s partners. If you wish, you can even specify which third parties to restrict from processing your data. We will respond to your request, at no charge to you, within thirty (30) days from when you make your request. Please be advised that some of our partners may be to EmpowerE services so that if you block processing by them, our services may be unavailable to you.
- Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that is subject to processing by EmpowerE in a portable format, or to have it transferred directly from us to another party. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to you within one calendar month of when you make the request. We may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request to transfer data to you or another party, so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests.
If you have any problems, questions or ideas, please contact us: